Our dynamic Kindergarten Transition Team have put together an alternative online learning from home program for this term which we hope will assist your child in beginning their exciting transition to Kindergarten at King Street Public School.
The timeline for this Program is as follows:
· Wednesday 12th August: Our Learning and Support Teacher will commence preschool visits meeting children and making observations. This will take place over the remainder of the term.
· Monday 24th August: A parent information video will be posted to our school website. This video will contain information normally shared at our face to face parent information evenings. Topics covered will include school readiness, administration, health care and uniforms.
· Wednesday 26th August and Friday 28th August: Our team are putting together a ‘learning from home’ pack of resources. These packs will be available to collect from 10-11am in the Sports COLA (entrance via King Street). If you cannot collect a pack during these times please contact our office.
· Wednesday 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd September: Each Wednesday in weeks 7-10 of this term we will uploading a lesson to our website taught by our Kindergarten teachers. Our Kindergarten teachers will begin familiarising your children with school life using the resources from the ‘learning from home’ packs. These lessons will be adapted from lessons that would normally be taught during the Transition Program. The lessons will remain on the website allowing you to go through them with your child at your convenience. If you do not have the technology to access the school website, you are encouraged to use the resources in the ‘learning from home’ pack to begin your child’s transition.
· Term 4, Weeks 1 & 2: Mr Russell will be meeting with all Kindergarten 2021 students and their parents during this time. If you have not yet got your interview time scheduled, please contact Mrs Philpott in our office on 6572 2281 as soon as possible. Please have all your necessary paperwork ready to submit during the interview if you have not already done so.
· Early Term 4: A range of videos will be uploaded to our website under the ‘Kindergarten Transition’ tab. These videos will invite you and your child to ‘Visit Our School’ and will guide you through a typical Kindergarten day as well as areas such as the Veggie Garden, Canteen, Music Room etc.
· Wednesday 25th November: We would like to invite students to attend a Kindergarten Orientation Day. During this day they will meet our Kindergarten teachers and other relevant staff as well as have the opportunity to make friends, meet their fellow cohort and become familiar with the school environment. Staggered start and pick-up times as per letter posted home.
· Term 4, Week 7: During this week (commencing Monday 23rd November) we will be giving all families the opportunity to purchase uniforms for next year. PLEASE NOTE: Our P&C generously provide all Kindergarten students with a hat on their first day of school in 2021.
· Friday 29th January 2021: This will be the first day of school for Kindergarten students. Staggered start times as per letter posted home.
· Friday 29thJanuary-Friday 5th February 2021: Students will participate in transition to school lessons for 6 days. They will not be placed immediately into their 2021 class. They will mix with all Kindergarten students and teachers undertaking lessons similar to those offered in the online ‘Tawny Transition’ Program. During this time, our staff will make observations and undertake ‘Best Start’ assessments. School uniform to be worn.
· Monday 8th February 2021: Students will be placed in to their 2021 class.
We would love to see photographs of your children participating in the program! Please send photographs (with your child’s name attached) to our school email address email@example.com.
We hope that by providing this learning from home option your child may become familiar with our school, our Kindergarten teachers and begin to learn some of the routines they will follow in 2021.